It’s official. There is one month and one day left until graduation. Which means there are like, 17 school days left before finals week and then a few tests and then I’m done with college.
In order to make it through these last few weeks of school, I have a plan to keep me motivated. I know I do these kinds of posts a lot, but seeing as you, the reader, are probably almost done with high school, I think we both could benefit.
- Get plenty of rest (but don’t overdo it). Seven to eight hours a night should give you the energy you need to get through the day.
- Eat a good breakfast. They’re not lying when they say it’s the most important meal of the day. Cook some scrambled eggs, butter up a piece of sourdough toast, and wash it down with some orange juice and yogurt. Yum.
- Pay attention in class. I know it’s hard, especially with Google Maps being littered with Pokemon that you can spend hours catching. But playing games on your phone won’t help you keep that GPA up till the end of the semester.
- Get outside, or at least to the gym. It’s probably the last thing you want to do if you’re feeling unmotivated but trust, those endorphins are actually all they’re cracked up to be.
- Do homework first. I know, I know, all I want to do when I get home from school is get a package of Oreos and curl up with Netflix too. But if you get your work done first, you won’t have it looming over your head, and you’ll have a clearer mind while you’re doing it!
The last part of the school year is always rough, but if you follow these suggestions, I know you can make it! What are your ideas for getting through the last bit of the semester?