Let’s be honest. I’m a little bit OCD.
I like my lists, my events scheduled, and my activities prioritized before the week even begins. I am at least 5 to 10 minutes early to everything and always try to come prepared for whatever I am doing and wherever I am going.
My name is Dylan Lowe, I get a thrill out of accomplishment and organization. I am in love with Motivation Mondays. I think I might have a problem. “Hi Dylan”
FUN FACT: No matter how many lists you make, or how much planning goes into your week before the week even happens, there isn’t a whole lot you can actually control.
Who knew right? (Wouldn’t be Dyls without a dash of sarcasm.) But I have come to learn that life doesn’t happen the way you might expect it to.
But! Not to fear. I have come up with a few of my tried and true methods that get my mind off of the little things I haven’t been able to control, and help me relax.
- DOODLE. Names, cool words, numbers, addresses. Get’s my mind off of things and let’s be unleash the creative kraken.
- READ. In one of my classes we have assigned readings that need to be done before the next class. I always read them before bed.
- EXERCISE. Take a walk when ya need one. Go for a run.
- WRITE. Write a letter to a friend (or a stranger) or write in your journal.
- YOGA. AMEN. Every morning, every night. Even if it’s just stretching for a few minutes.
- STARBUCKS. Self-explanatory.
These activities are pretty much daily ritual at this point in the semester (OH YEAH FINALS) and without them I’m pretty sure I would have to alert the local news station of the impending explosion to give my fellow citizens a chance to get to their bomb shelters.
Really, I’m just thinking of others. #thoughtful #everydayhero
What are some ways you de-stress? Take a minute now to brainstorm.
Whatever you come up with, I dare you to take time to do it today.
I promise it’ll be good for ya.